The Covid-19 crisis of 2020 affected Courage to Care operations just as it has all responsible Australians. While it continues as an unsettling time, we can all sense some return to normality. Our first priority as we head into 2021 is the health and well-being of all our people, volunteers and staff.
For a little while longer, the office will remain closed and we will continue to refrain from face to face programs. However, we have constructive arrangements in place to ease us back into the swing of a full program delivery.
One thing is certain, we will need the ongoing involvement and commitment of every volunteer and supporter so we can advance the impact of the Courage to Care message with students and the community.
Some practical plans:
- We are ready for a return to program delivery in 2021, and we already have school bookings for Term 1 next year.
- In view of the unpredictability of the Covid-19 environment, mindful of continuing uncertainty about restrictions at individual schools, and with volunteer safety always a priority, we will offer remote programs only in Term 1.
- Face to face program delivery, including our first 2021 exhibition, will recommence in Term 2, pending a continuing optimistic outlook. Check the website or contact the office for further details.
- Whatever happens, we are very mindful of volunteer safety and will strictly adhere to all health advice concerning restrictions around physical distancing and mask wearing guidelines.
- We will reopen the Office at 843a Glenhuntly Road from Monday 12 January 2021 – plan on it unless health advice says otherwise.
- In the meantime, a full schedule of training is being prepared and will be constantly updated and expanded according to volunteer needs. All training sessions will be listed on the event calendar or contact the office for more information.
You can rely on us to keep you informed of any changes to these plans.