Courage to Care activity during the Covid-19 period
The Covid-19 crisis has affected Courage to Care operations just as it has all responsible Australians. Our first priority is the health and well-being of our people, particularly important as so many are in the higher-risk category of 60+ years.
- We will keep this page updated with developments in C2C policy during the health emergency.
- In line with expert advice to practice physical distancing, we are encouraging all our people – staff, committee members, volunteers, associates – not to come into the office unless it is essential.
- To protect our volunteers from exposure risk (and, of course, the students and teachers with whom we come into contact), we have cancelled all our school programs through to the end of Term 2 of the Victorian school year. We are in contact with all the schools to reschedule those Upstander programs, and we’ll revisit our schedule to review what decisions should be made for forthcoming months.
- We’re delivering volunteer training remotely. We aim to use this time as productively as possible in preparing ourselves to deliver the best possible programs we can when these measures are lifted.
There are some training units that, unfortunately, cannot be delivered remotely and these will have to be rescheduled for later in the year.
- A number of other events, including book launches, the trivia night, and volunteer morning teas have also been affected. If in doubt, call (9533-0955) or email the office.
- Please keep an eye on our website for the latest status on our operations
- Our 2020 program schedule: http://tinyurl.com/y696f9y3
- Our 2020 training schedule: https://couragetocare.org.au/members/members-resources/2020-volunteer-training-schedule/
We will keep all our people informed of changes to programs for which you are registered.