INCURSION PROGRAMS can be tailored to the specific needs of individual schools. Incursion workshops deliver the same program as Exhibition Program workshops but are run on a smaller scale. The heart of the program and the message of Courage to Care remain the same in all workshops: that each person can make a difference by choosing to be an Upstander.
Incursion booking conditions:
- A minimum of two workshops on the same day, each for at least 50 students but no more than 60 students per workshop
- For three or more workshops, consecutive days may need to be booked depending on the distance from Melbourne
- If the distance is too great for the team to travel from Melbourne and return on the same day and need to stay overnight, a minimum of four workshops must be booked.
- Incursions can be booked for 1 – 4 consecutive days
- Workshops are structured to run 110 minutes uninterrupted; we will not shorten the length of workshops as this would compromise the student experience
- exceptions are made for schools providing for the needs of special or disadvantaged students
- Incursions can be offered only when the Courage to Care schedule allows, so early enquiry is encouraged. We ask for a minimum of three weeks notice, though we are flexible.
What schools need to provide:
- Set up requires enough space to allow students to congregate around the presentation stations without interfering with students at neighbouring stations
- A theatre-stye arrangement with sufficient seats for all students to view the introductory film
- Audio-visual equipment (screen and projector for film on USB, and microphone)
- Break-out spaces for smaller discussion groups that allow students to speak freely without interfering with or disrupting neighbouring groups
- During the workshop sessions, other classes/students will not be able to use the space
- Adjustments to the school time table to accommodate a program of 110 uninterrupted minutes
Incursions are free but we ask schools to consider making a (non-obligatory) donation to Courage to Care to help us continue to develop and run the program.